Sunday, November 21, 2010

My mother is very sick. Your prayers would be greatly appreciated

I just got a call from my sister telling me the bug that's been going around at the nursing home finally got Mom. The greatest fear is that Mom will vomit and aspirate (inhale the vomit) into her lungs and get pneumonia. Mom's pretty miserable, not breathing well, won't eat, and has a fever. This bug supposedly passes in 24 to 48 hours. We're planning to leave on Tuesday to see her and the family over Thanksgiving. I haven't a clue how this will all work out. Your prayers will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2 comments:

kc bob said...

I am asking the Lord for healing mercies for your mom and grace for your family. Hope your Thanksgiving is blessed.

crownring said...

Thank you, Bob. Blessings to you too!

My sister says Mom's a bit better today. I am so grateful to God and to my dear friends (you!) who pray whenever our family has a crisis. It makes life a whole lot more bearable!